Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) has announced that one of its vessels was targeted by a missile today while transiting the Strait of Hormuz early on Saturday (August 8). The incident resulted in no injuries, and the situation has been brought under control, said ADNOC in a statement.
India on Tuesday condemned an attack on an Indian-flagged commercial vessel that sank in the Red Sea off Yemen after being struck by a projectile, as New Delhi renewed calls for an end to attacks on merchant shipping in one of the world's busiest maritime corridors.
Two ADNOC vessels were attacked while transiting the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday, adding to growing tensions in the strategic waterway as the United States prepares tougher economic measures against Iran.
The Iran war broadened over the weekend despite a pause in US strikes, as Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthis attacked Saudi oil installations along the Red Sea coast and Iran accused Ukraine of targeting one of its vessels in the Caspian Sea resulting in the death of a sailor.
A Saudi vessel, NCC MASA, sustained minor hull damage after coming under attack while sailing in the Red Sea on Friday, reported state news agency SPA. The vessel continued its voyage after the safety of the crew and the ship was confirmed.
The US said it had completed an eighth straight night of attacks against Iran after earlier announcing that two US military personnel were killed in Jordan and another was missing following an Iranian attack. In retaliation, Iran's military launched a drone attack targeting US military assets, sauid media reports.
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday abandoned a proposal to impose a 20% transit fee on cargo shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, saying Washington would instead pursue trade and investment agreements with Gulf states amid escalating tensions with Iran.
Air travel to and from Kuwait faced disruption on Wednesday after hostile drones struck Terminal One at Kuwait International Airport, forcing authorities to suspend flight operations at the terminal and divert aircraft to alternative airports.
The US military launched a new series of airstrikes on Friday after Tehran struck a commercial ship in the Strait of Hormuz with a drone, thus presenting a fresh test for the fragile ceasefire, said media reports, even as Israel and Lebanon reached a framework deal for peace.
Bahrain's Ministry of Health has confirmed that an Iranian drone attack early this morning in the Sitra area has resulted in 32 civilian injuries so far, including 4 in serious condition.