UAE consumer electronics sector ‘to touch $4bn’
Abu Dhabi, August 7, 2013
The UAE’s consumer lifestyle electronics industry is booming and is predicted to reach $3.97 billion by 2015, a report said.
One in ten in the UAE claim to own an average of three games consoles, while 20 per cent switch between two, according to the survey commissioned by dmg events Middle East, an international exhibition and publishing company, as it gears up for the launch of the region’s largest consumer lifestyle event in Abu Dhabi.
New figures have also revealed an addiction to technology amongst UAE residents, with 71 per cent stating that they could not live without their laptops or smartphones.
The findings also highlight that money is no object when it comes to purchasing gadgets, with more than half (53 per cent) of those surveyed admitting to spending up to Dh10,000 ($2,720) a year on technology and a further 15 per cent splurging Dh15,000 annually.
Taking place from December 5 to 7 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre (Adnec), the Life & Style Show UAE will comprise of seven individual events, including one specific to technology; Gizmos, Gadgets & Tech.
Visitors will have the chance to walk away with some of the best bargains in the UAE from top brands such as Virgin Megastore, Sharaf DG+, Intel, Clear-Coat and BlackBerry. If this isn’t enough, The Life & Style Show UAE will also include an exclusive gaming area in which visitors will battle it out on Sony PlayStation and Nintendo game consoles against friends and strangers for the top score.
DJs will be on hand to hype up the crowd, while music aficionados will have the opportunity to try out the latest technology from brands such as Pioneer, Bose and DJ Corner.
The Gizmos, Gadgets & Tech Show will sit alongside Speed & Power, Home & Living, Fashion & Beauty, Sport & Leisure, Toys, Hobbies & Games and Luxury Property & Build. Visitors to The Life & Style Show UAE will be able to access the seven individual events, including the feature areas, via one ticket.
“Our latest research shows just how important having the hottest gadget or latest technology is for UAE residents,” said Ashley Roberts, event director, dmg events Middle East.
“What better place to fuel this passion than at The Life & Style Show UAE – the biggest consumer lifestyle show the country has ever seen, of which the Gizmos, Gadgets & Tech Show is a key part. It is also the perfect opportunity to bag a bargain ahead of the festive period and impress loved ones with the latest must-have gadget from leading international and home-grown brands.”
“The Life & Style Show UAE offers us a great forum to showcase the online mall concept to our core target audience – the UAE’s technology and retail loving population,” said Ayaz Maqbool, managing director, Tejuri.com, one of the exhibitors at the fair.
“Technology is an integral part of the lifestyle here and in line with this, there has been tremendous demand for online retail platforms that offer UAE residents a secure and stress-free channel to shop on-the-go. As an online shopping mall, we provide service that reflects the pace and quality of the lifestyle here and look forward to interacting with the show visitors to present the range of our services.”
“The Life & Style Show UAE is expected to attract more than 51,000 visitors from across the GCC region, over the three days. We fully expect the Gizmos, Gadgets & Tech to be one of the busiest and liveliest parts of the show. Children, adults, techies and even technophobes will be bowled over by the variety of gadgets and technology on display,” added Roberts. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store