Samsung launches Galaxy S4 mini
Amman, June 11, 2013
Samsung Electronics, a global leader in mobile technology and digital solutions, has launched Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, a powerful yet compact version of Samsung’s bestselling smartphone, Galaxy S4.
“We appreciate such unprecedented demands for the Galaxy S4 that we aimed to provide users with life companion for a fuller, richer and simpler life,” said JK Shin, CEO and president of IT & Mobile Communication Division at Samsung Electronics.
“And now, we want to give people more choices with Galaxy S4 mini, similar look & feel of Galaxy S4 for more compact and practical usages.”
With a 4.3-inch qHD Super Amoled display, 107-garm light weight and compact design, the Galaxy S4 mini is easy to carry and operate with one hand. Though compact, the Galaxy S4 mini also boasts powerful performance, equipped with a 1.7GHz dual core processor that allows users to quickly and easily perform data intensive tasks, Shin noted.
The Galaxy S4 mini allows users to take images with an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.9-megapixel HD front-facing camera.
Special features such as Sound&Shot, which uniquely stores sound and voice together as pictures are taken, and Panorama Shot, which allows users to photograph the full view of their surroundings, are also featured.
Users can also automatically arrange photos in a smart format with the Story Album function. Photos taken by Galaxy S4 mini are automatically gathered and saved according to the user’s timeline, geo-tagging information, or a specific event to create a photo album.
Users can simultaneously listen to the same music and play the games together with friends using Group Play feature, and chat with multiple friends and add animations, video and voice recordings to messages using ChatON.
The GalaxyS4 mini makes international travel easy with S Translator, which provides instant text or voice translation at email, text message or ChatON.
Users can also control their TVs through WatchON’s IR remote which transforms the Galaxy S4 mini into a remote to control the user’s TVs, set-top box, and DVD player.
The Galaxy S4 mini also offers S Health, which enables users to monitor caloric balance and health condition. S Health accessories can also help users calculate daily steps, monitor sleeping patterns, calculate weight and get real-time heart monitoring.
The Galaxy S4 mini will be available in two colors, White Frost and Black Mist. Commercial availability of the Galaxy S4 mini supporting either 4G LTE, or 3G HSPA+ or 3G Dual SIM, will be determined by market, a company statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia