Azadea to open 27 outlets at Doha Festival City
Dubai, April 22, 2013
Azadea Group, one of the fastest growing retail operators based in the Mena region, has joined with Dubai-based Al-Futtaim Group to open 27 outlets of its premium brand names at the upcoming Doha Festival City.
The signing ceremony was recently held at the Majlis of the Al Badiya Golf Club in Dubai Festival City, attended by chairman of Azadea Group Wassim Daher; CEO Said Daher; managing director Hassan Daher; and deputy chief executive Marwan Moukarzel.
Among the attendees from the group were vice chairman Omar Al Futtaim; corporate development group director Marwan Shehadeh; real estate group director Chris O’Donnell; retail & leisure managing director Murray Bell; and co-founder and partner of M2, Shahram Shamsaee.
The Doha Festival City will be one of the biggest malls in Qatar and is expected to open in 2016, offering retail, entertainment, hospitality, supermarket and automotive showrooms, a statement from the company said.
"This partnership with Al-Futtaim Group embraces our expansion plans through a great retail space, allowing for the inauguration of 27 new outlets and an exceptional shopping experience for our customers,” Daher said. “Overall, we are certain that this agreement will only bring forth great outcomes and strengthen our position in Qatar.”
“Today’s agreement with Azadea is part of Doha Festival City’s commitment to bringing exceptional global brand experiences to all residents and visitors while offering an extensive selection of retail choices,” Shehadeh said.
“With a gross leasable area of over 260,000 sq m, Doha Festival City Mall aims to deliver to the Qatari capital city a unique collection of synergetic brands and a truly world-class retail consumer experience,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait