Top Japanese retailer opens Dubai Mall store
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Daiso, a Japanese retail concept, opens its flagship store in the Dubai Mall, marking the opening of its 10th store in Dubai and 20th store in the UAE.
The new unit also raises the total number of stores UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to 35.
The new store is located on the Lower Ground level and is laid out over 7700 sq ft helping customers navigate easily and shop for quality Japanese household items.
Daiso Japan operates in Middle East under the joint franchise ownership of Lals Group and Damas Group. The unique concept has been extremely well received by over a billion customers worldwide and its annual sales figures exceed $3 billion.
Besides Japanese products, Daiso also offers shoppers a range of 90,000 items to select from glassware and crockery to DIY products, gardening accessories to gifts and novelties, even a range of cosmetics, living, gifting, toys and stationery, among others.
Jayant Ganwani, CEO, Lals Group said, “It’s a pleasure to announce the opening of our 10th Dubai store at the prestigious Dubai Mall. In Middle East, UAE contributes a substantial part of our GCC wide business and we have witnessed a double digit like for like growth on previous year’s numbers and have been strategically adding two to four stores every year in the region.”
“We are currently planning to open one additional store in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah in 2013. We also plan to open additional stores in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia this year.”
Hirotake Yano, president, Daiso said, “We are very pleased to receive such an amazing response, popularity and growth in the Daiso Japan concept in the UAE. Daiso in UAE has been a true success story and therefore UAE is a very important market in our Daiso map. Out of over 3000 stores worldwide, 35 stores are based in Middle East only.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet