McLaren names new regional director for MEA
Manama, June 26, 2013
McLaren Automotive has appointed Ian Gorsuch to the position of regional director, Middle East and Africa, to once again lead the company’s operations in the region.
Gorsuch will be based in Bahrain which is home of the McLaren Automotive Middle East and Africa regional office and the company’s principal shareholder Mumtalakat. The move is effective from July 1.
Outgoing regional director Mark Harrison moves to a new senior role back at the McLaren Technology Centre headquarters in Woking, UK.
Gorsuch was responsible for launching McLaren Automotive in the Middle East and Africa in 2011, and returns to the region from Singapore where he was responsible for McLaren Automotive Asia.
Previous to McLaren Automotive, Gorsuch worked for luxury automotive brand Bentley Motors Limited and with Champagne Krug in both commercial and customer service roles and has over 10 years experience in the Middle East.
“I’m thrilled to be moving back to a region I know well, and inherit the role in a very strong position. This is thanks to the work over the last year by Mark and our network of retail partners in eight locations, across six countries in the region,” Gorsuch said.
“I am looking forward to the meeting our 12C and 12C Spider customers and seeing our next generation ultimate supercar, the McLaren P1, on the region’s roads as we start delivering the first cars to customers at the end of the year,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week