Beirut firm to unveil Arab World's first hyper car
Doha, January 20, 2013
The Arab world’s first high performance luxury sports car, the LykanHypersport 2013, will be unveiled at the Qatar Motor Show later this month.
The third edition of the much-anticipated Qatar Motor Show will be launched on January 29.
Beirut-based W Motors will produce only seven units of the ultra-luxury hypercar, priced at $3,400,000, positioning it as the most exclusive sports car the world has seen yet, said a statement.
“When we initially set up the company in Beirut earlier this year, our launch event attracted thousands of people from the automotive industry, media, politicians, and VIPs,” said Lebanese-born Ralph Debbas, W Motors’ chairman and chief executive officer. “Not only did we herald in the formation of an exclusive automotive industry in the region, but I do believe that our first model, the LykanHypersport 2013, raises the bar for hypercars worldwide.”
The Lykan’s specifications include: a flat 6, twin-turbo, mid-rear positioned 750 horsepower engine delivering 1000 NM of torque takes the vehicle from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in 2.8 seconds to reach the break neck maximum speed of 390 kilometers per hour.
For those that enjoy the finer things in life, the lavishness of the LykanHypersport 2013 takes luxury to a whole new level. Diamond -encrusted LED lights and gold-stitched interior leather guarantee that the passengers travel in style. Other high-level specifications include a reverse door opening system, a state-of-the-art 3D Virtual Holographic display with tactile interaction, and an innovative ID4Motion interactive dashboard.
As a gift for buying the most exclusive car in the market, owners will be awarded with a Special Edition Cyrus Klepcys Watch, worth over $200,000. Like the LykanHypersport 2013, only seven watches will be produced.
“We worked six years with some of the biggest names in the automotive industry to create this revolutionary car,” said Debbas. “Exclusivity, high-performance specs, and luxury – thanks to our partners, we got everything right with the Lykan.”
The list of partners that worked on the development of the Lykan reads like a VIP‘who’s-who’ list in the industry: Magna Steyr Italia (engineering and manufacturing consultants), RUF Automobile (technical consultants and suppliers), Studiotorino (modeling consultants), Viotti (prototype and model manufacturing), ID4MOTION (technology integration developers).
“We only worked with the best in the field, and not by coincidence, a majority of these companies are based in Italy, a country with a proud tradition of producing some of the most iconic sports cars in history,” added Debbas. “And now, through this partnership, not only did we produce a one-of-a-kind car, but also, with great pride, the first exclusively Arab brand of hypercars, an icon about to mark the industry forever”
The first deliveries of LykanHypersport 2013 by W Motors are scheduled for September of this year with the car making its first worldwide public debut at the 2013 Qatar Motor Show.
The show will run for five days until February 2 at the Doha Exhibition Center. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service