Sharaf DG, Air Miles in strategic deal
Manama, December 30, 2012
Top consumer electronics chain Sharaf DG and Air Miles, a major loyalty programme, have partnered to enable customers to collect and spend Air Miles at Sharaf DG’s stores across the UAE and Bahrain from January 1.
“Launching a partnership with Sharaf DG is strategic for our programme as it means our members now have the widest choice, best value and trusted service on their entire electronic and accessories spend,” said Mark Mortimer-Davies, Air Miles Middle East’s CEO.
“With over 25,000 products from reputed international brands available at convenient locations in the UAE and Bahrain, the partnership provides a great opportunity for our members to earn and redeem Air Miles with Sharaf DG.”
“The electronics sector plays a vital role in a coalition loyalty programme in our region and collaborating with Sharaf DG - the region’s largest multi-brand electronic retailer - is testimony to our continuing efforts to enhance our member experience,” he added.
Yasser Sharaf, Sharaf DG’s managing director, said: “Air Miles is a great brand to associate with as it’s the best free-to-join multi-brand, multi-category loyalty programme, which rewards customers every time they shop.”
“The number of partners and the range of categories is what excited us to partner with Air Miles. Both Air Miles and Sharaf DG are strong consumer brands and their coming together will be a big boost to our customers.
“In just seven years Sharaf DG has becoming a big brand thanks to the millions of customers who shop at our stores. This partnership with Air Miles will now enable us to offer a loyalty programme where customers can earn and redeem miles every time they shop with us. Air Miles will not only bring additional footfalls but will also help us understand our customers better through their vast experience in analysing consumer buying behaviours,” he added.
Sharaf continued: “Consumer electronics is one of the fascinating categories in the Gulf region and we feel global brands and their products are making a huge difference to the way we live, work and enjoy.
“We’re upbeat about the industry and our expansion plans across the GCC affirms this belief, where the Air Miles relationship will definitely be a key differentiator from our competition.”
Sharaf DG has plans to open more stores in the UAE and has recently opened its second store in Bahrain, with further stores planned in Qatar, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps