UK minister on mission to help Bahrain
Manama, March 8, 2013
UK Minister for the Middle East and North Africa (Mena) region Alistair Burt will visit Bahrain next week.
He is flying in for high-level talks on a range of topics, including British support for Bahrain in pushing through reforms recommended by the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI) and the United Nations Human Rights Council.
A British Embassy spokeswoman said bilateral and regional issues, including trade and investment, would be covered during meetings with government ministers.
"Discussions will also take place on reform and assistance, including areas of support from the UK on Bahrain government's implementation of the BICI and UPR (Universal Periodic Review) recommendations," she told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Dates for the visit have not yet been confirmed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi