UK minister on mission to help Bahrain
Manama, March 8, 2013
UK Minister for the Middle East and North Africa (Mena) region Alistair Burt will visit Bahrain next week.
He is flying in for high-level talks on a range of topics, including British support for Bahrain in pushing through reforms recommended by the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI) and the United Nations Human Rights Council.
A British Embassy spokeswoman said bilateral and regional issues, including trade and investment, would be covered during meetings with government ministers.
"Discussions will also take place on reform and assistance, including areas of support from the UK on Bahrain government's implementation of the BICI and UPR (Universal Periodic Review) recommendations," she told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Dates for the visit have not yet been confirmed.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost