Zain Saudi seals Vodafone partnership deal
Riyadh, December 1, 2012
Zain Saudi Arabia, a leading operator of LTE/ 4G network in the Kingdom, has joined hands with Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE), a key provider of business services to over 1,400 multinational companies around the world, to strengthen its business service portfolio.
Through this partnership, Zain Saudi will gain access to Vodafone’s cutting edge technology, telecom knowledge, global footprint, efficient roaming expertise and handset portfolio, said a senior official.
Zain Saudi has activated several services and aspects of the strategic partner market agreement the company has recently signed with Vodafone, the world's largest mobile telecommunications operator by revenue.
Fraser Curley, the chief executive officer of Zain Saudi said, “We see this partnership help us further develop the Saudi telecommunications industry and strengthen the Kingdom’s leadership role, as the largest and most sophisticated telecommunications hub in the Gulf region."
"This is an exciting period in Zain's evolution and I strongly believe that - together with Vodafone - Zain will gain significant share in key market segments," he noted.
According to him, this agreement is set to enhance Zain Saudi’s communication solutions portfolio and benefit its customers across all sectors, especially in the business sector.
"While serving as a single point of contact, VGE offers its customers communication solutions, communications expenditure tracking and procurement services. This helps save over 15 per cent of the global business sector’s expenses, making Vodafone a preferred operator," said Curley.
The move will enhance both Zain and Vodafone's ability to meet growing demand among multinational businesses based in the Saudi market, whose accounts are managed by Vodafone in international markets, he added.
Colin MacDougall, Vodafone regional director for Americas, Middle East and Africa said this is Vodafone’s debut into the Saudi market, in a move that is set to open new doors for Zain Saudi.
“Our agreement with Zain Saudi provides an opportunity for Vodafone to build our presence and work with a leading operator in the Kingdom, the largest telecommunications market in the Arabian Gulf and one of the fastest growing in the region. We will actively support Zain KSA wherever possible,” he remarked.
The agreement will give Zain Saudi subscribers access to advanced services, voice and data roaming solutions across 51 countries within VGE’s footprint-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution