Huawei plans UAE smartphone launch
Dubai, October 18, 2012
Huawei has unveiled plans for the UAE launch of two of its latest smart devices - the first quad-core smartphone, the Ascend D1 quad XL, and the world’s first 10 inch quad-core tablet with full HD resolution, the MediaPad 10 FHD.
A leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, Huawei captured consumer attention at the Gitex with the release of Quad-core devices utilizing its own proprietary chipset.
Both of the Android-run devices will be available to the public starting from November 1 in retailers across UAE, said Jiao Jian, the president of Huawei device in the Middle East.
The company had showcased these devices during a Gitex sneak preview.
The upcoming releases characterize Huawei’s heavy investments in research & development over the past year and underpin the company’s recent arrival into the premium consumer electronics segment, remarked Jian.
“Huawei has listened to people’s top demands and focused significant resources over the last year to bring distinct advancements into the Middle East gadget industry,” he noted.
“Both the Ascend D1 quad XL and the MediaPad 10 FHD exceed all these expectations while expanding the realm of possibilities for consumers with Huawei’s own super-fast processor, extended battery life, and high-quality audio visual capabilities,” Jian added.
Breaking the industry mold, Huawei has selected to run both devices with its own proprietary quad-core chipset; becoming one of only two vendors globally to fully develop their own quad-core processors.
Featured exclusively within Huawei devices, the company now holds a coveted position within the industry in being able to pioneer its own advancements within the processor arena, schedule the release of such advancements, and realize cost efficiencies by managing the production line, said Jian.
Over the course of 2012 Huawei has carved out a solid foothold in the consumer market through an aggressive lineup of high-end devices that are expected to contribute to a 30 per cent growth in Huawei’s global consumer business—projecting revenues of $9 billion by the end of 2012.
Within the Middle East, Huawei Device has also focused on strengthening its regional distribution partnerships over the last year, and has successfully introduced a number of local smartphone models through the open market as well as operators.
Mohammed Abdulla Al Qassim, the general manager at IMS, a key trading company in the Middle East said, “Providing UAE consumers with the latest device technologies has always been a core focus for IMS, and we are proud to continue our relationship with Huawei in bringing these latest devices to the local market.”
“The gadget industry today is a dynamic business with new opportunities around every corner,” remarked Mansour Al Sayegh, the executive director of Al Sayegh Group, authorized distributor for Huawei devices.
“Both locally and globally, Huawei has proven its commitment to innovation through their device lineup, and that is reflected in consumer demand for the brand’s latest releases,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit