Alsalam Aircraft wins $33m contract
Riyadh, September 30, 2013
Riyadh-based Alsalam Aircraft Co has won a $33 million firm-fixed-price contract for the conversion of F-15S aircraft to F15SA.
The works include contractor development, implementation of installation facility, development of manufacturing plans and schedules supported by enterprise planning, execution, and performance reporting automated tools, said a report.
The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, tools, and other items not specifically supplied by US government agencies, in support of this effort, it said.
The result of this programme will be the conversion of 70 F-15S aircraft to 70 F15SA aircraft built to a common baseline.
During the initial stage two aircraft will be converted with work being performed at the Boeing facility located in St Louis, Missouri. Following successful completion of the initial phase, production will resume under phase II of this contract in Riyadh to complete the remaining 68 aircraft.
The initial phase is expected to be completed by December 31, 2015 with overall contract completion December 31, 2019. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan