Bahrain pipeline project on track
Manama, January 15, 2013
Samsung Engineering and their Bahrain subcontractors ECop are on track to complete the new 16 km-long deep gravity sewer (DGS) pipeline under the Muharraq Sewage Treatment Plant (MSTP) project by year end, said a report.
The MSTP project coming up in Hidd area of the Kingdom will also see a 891.25 metre long DN 1800 sea crossing, the longest in the Middle East being set up, the Bahrain News Agency said citing a senior Samsung official.
"The entire pipeline is a special once since it is laid under the sea," said the project director SD Min. “The pipeline connects shaft 47 to the pumping station. With this achievement, we have completed 52 per cent of the DGS pipeline," he added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi