Sakana, KHCB in key financing deal
Manama, August 24, 2011
Bahrain-based Sakana Holistic Housing Solutions, the Islamic mortgage finance provider, said it has inked a BD4 million ($10.6 million) commodity murabaha financing deal with Khaleeji Commercial Bank over a period of 4 years.
The funding facility was provided by Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB) towards working capital requirements of Sakana.
The signing ceremony was held at KHCB headquarters at the Bahrain Financial Harbour in the presence of Sakana chairman Reyadh Yousif Sater and CEO R Lakshmanan besides KHCB CEO and board member Ebrahim Hussain Ebrahim, AGM corporate and wholesale banking Jassim Awadh, executive senior manager – Corporate & Wholesale Banking, Khalid Turki and Sakana manager (Finance) Khalid Bucheery.
Commenting on the deal, Sater said, “We are delighted to have KHCB’s continued support of Sakana’s funding requirements since early 2008. This medium term facility demonstrates KHCB’s confidence in Sakana’s business model despite difficult economic conditions and in particular tough market conditions for the real estate sector.”
Ebrahim said Sakana was an innovator in mortgage finance and this financing deal underscores KHCB’s willingness to continue to be a partner in supporting the growth of a leading local Islamic mortgage finance provider as well as the Kingdoms mortgage finance market as a whole.
Lakshmanan expressed delight at the excellent relationship with KHCB and hoped the facility will address the asset-liability mismatch of Sakana.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai residence project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high