Sofitel Dubai launches new holiday contest
Dubai, August 4, 2013
Sofitel The Palm Dubai has launched a new contest addressing the public to share the expectation of an ideal holiday at Sofitel.
The Dream Holiday Contest asks participants to select a room, a restaurant and a spa treatment, summarize it in a postcard and share it with friends. The three most popular and liked postcards win the custom-made four night stay of dreams.
Contestants are requested to log onto the Sofitel website and choose one of three room types, ranging from a Luxury Room, a Junior Suite or the Prestige Suite.
Once guests have chosen the preferred room type, the next screen enables them to choose their desired cuisine or restaurant to indulge in.
Again, it’s a choice of three outlets, Moana, the seafood restaurant, PorterHouse, the signature steakhouse or Studio du Chef offering modern French cuisine. Three relaxing and rejuvenating spa experiences are on offer in the next step, allowing contestants to choose how they would like to be pampered.
A VIP treatment option is also available, which allows you to be picked up by a limousine and chauffeured to and from the resort. The last step is to personalize the postcard with motifs unique to Sofitel The Palm Dubai and share “your dream” with friends.
“We want to share the excitement of the soft opening phase with our clients and fans and thus had the idea to do so in form of an interactive competition,” said Soukaina El Baraka, E-Commerce manager.
“Social Media has become an extremely important tool in communicating with the general public, so we decided that there was no better way to communicate the opening of the resort, along with the option of tailor-making their very own ideal getaway and inviting the users to be one of the first guests to discover the treasures of Sofitel The Palm Dubai”.
The Dream Holiday Contest, which began on July 22, will run for six weeks. Users can solicit votes via social media sharing, sending email invites, as well as downloading the image/postcard and making it available on other channels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog