Etihad, Korean Air sign codeshare deal
Abu Dhabi, July 16, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has signed a codeshare agreement with South Korea’s Korean Air.
The partnership will come into effect on July 22 subject to regulatory approval, said a statement. Korean Air will place its ‘KE’ code on Etihad Airways’ daily services between Seoul and Abu Dhabi.
Members of Etihad Airways’ Etihad Guest and Korean Air’s Skypass loyalty programmes will benefit from lounge access, priority check-in and excess baggage allowances, besides frequent flyer points on both the flights, it said.
Etihad Airways’ president and CEO James Hogan highlighted the rapid growth in travel, trade and investment between the UAE and Korea as drivers of the success Etihad has achieved since commencing flights to Seoul in late 2010.
“Demand for business and leisure travel between Korea and the UAE, Middle East and Africa, in particular, has grown many-fold over the past three years while trade between the UAE and Korea, which was valued at $20 billion in 2012, has also been rapidly expanding,” said Hogan.
“We envision that closer collaboration with Korean Air will foster continued bilateral growth in these areas,” Hogan added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers