Minor group to launch new projects in GCC
Abu Dhabi, July 8, 2013
Minor International, a Thai hotel group, is set to launch new projects in the UAE and Qatar, as part of its expansion plans in the region.
William E Heinecke, chairman and CEO of the group, said the company is keen to boost its presence in Abu Dhabi and other parts of the UAE and to expand cooperation with the emirate’s tourism authorities.
He said Abu Dhabi is on the verge of a tourism boom following the launching of major hotels and relevant projects, that illustrate the emirate’s keenness to develop its economy and promote tourism.
Heinecke revealed plans for a new project in partnership with Oaks hotels and resorts in Abu Dhabi involving services and supplies for the company.
Heinecke met the management of the Emirates Palace hotel in Abu Dhabi to strengthen cooperation and also met Ali Al Hammadi, managing director of the Tourism Development and Investment Company, to discuss the services provided by Abu Dhabi hotels and resorts managed by Anantara company, which is part of the Minor Group.
Anantara is expected to have a portfolio of seven properties in the region including five in Abu Dhabi, one in Dubai and another in Qatar, said a statement.
In Abu Dhabi, the company will offer 30 luxury villas at the Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villas and Al Sahel Villas, besides the Desert Islands Resort and Spa by Anantara which opened a conference centre and a water sports centre recently, it said.
In Dubai, Anantara Dubai Palm Jumeirah Resort and Spa will be its first property in the emirate when it opens later this year.
In Qatar, Anantara Doha Island Resort & Spa is a new five-star resort under development on a 13-hectare island just off the coast of of Doha, which will open in late 2013, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall