RJ to launch services to Lagos, Accra
Amman, July 2, 2013
Royal Jordanian (RJ), the kingdom’s flag carrier, will launch a regular service between Amman and each of Lagos, the economic capital of Nigeria and Accra, the capital of Ghana starting tomorrow (July 3).
The new additions will raise the number of the RJ destinations to 61 spanned over four continents.
Connecting Amman with these two African cities is bound to attract large numbers of passengers, particularly Muslim pilgrims who wish to continue their flights to Saudi Arabia to conduct Hajj and Umrah, and those who like to visit the shrines and tombs of Prophet Mohammad’s companions before they proceed on their religious journey, an RJ statement said.
The service will also transport Christian pilgrims who come to Jordan to visit the Baptism site and other Christian holy sites in Jordan and the Middle East.
This new route will serve several types of tourism, such as medical, and movement of goods.
Moreover, the Lagos/Accra flight will also connect other RJ routes, for passengers transiting via Queen Alia International Airport on their way to Jeddah, Madinah Munawarah, Dubai, Beirut, Delhi and others.
The airline will operate the route (Amman-Lagos-Accra-Lagos-Amman) twice weekly with its wide-bodied, 280-seat Airbus A330s on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Nigeria and Ghana have a high population of Muslims and Christians: an estimated 165 million people in Nigeria and 25 million in Ghana. Lagos is the main industrial and commercial pillar of Nigeria, having huge economic and natural resources, such as natural gas, oil, coal, wood and water. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog