Emirates invites artwork for Skywards’ cards
Dubai, July 1, 2013
Dubai-based airline Emirates has invited emerging artists to submit artwork for its frequent flyer programme Skywards’ 2014 membership cards.
The Emirates Skywards’ Future Artists Competition is open to artwork across three broad media categories: photography/digital media, painting/illustration, and 3D (sculpture, ceramic and glass).
Four winning entries will be chosen, one for each tier of Emirates Skywards membership. Winning artwork will be featured on the membership cards.
In addition, the artists of the winning artworks will receive an award $5,000 and their selected artwork will be featured in supporting online and offline communications and promotional material.
Brian LaBelle, senior vice president, said: “By seeking out undiscovered talent, be it self-taught, art students or even experienced individuals who have not yet achieved their artistic aspirations, the competition engages the Emirates Skywards community by not only introducing them to these talented new artists but also allows them to vote for their favourite artwork; giving them a voice in design of their membership cards each year.”
The competition is now open for submissions and all entries must be submitted by July 23. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai state fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight