Emirates invites artwork for Skywards’ cards
Dubai, July 1, 2013
Dubai-based airline Emirates has invited emerging artists to submit artwork for its frequent flyer programme Skywards’ 2014 membership cards.
The Emirates Skywards’ Future Artists Competition is open to artwork across three broad media categories: photography/digital media, painting/illustration, and 3D (sculpture, ceramic and glass).
Four winning entries will be chosen, one for each tier of Emirates Skywards membership. Winning artwork will be featured on the membership cards.
In addition, the artists of the winning artworks will receive an award $5,000 and their selected artwork will be featured in supporting online and offline communications and promotional material.
Brian LaBelle, senior vice president, said: “By seeking out undiscovered talent, be it self-taught, art students or even experienced individuals who have not yet achieved their artistic aspirations, the competition engages the Emirates Skywards community by not only introducing them to these talented new artists but also allows them to vote for their favourite artwork; giving them a voice in design of their membership cards each year.”
The competition is now open for submissions and all entries must be submitted by July 23. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers