Warwick opens new resort in Jordan
Paris, June 16, 2013
Warwick International Hotels, a global hospitality chain, recently opened a new resort in Jordan, the Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, on the shores of Dead Sea.
Jordan’s Princess Basma bint Talal was welcomed by the chairman and other senior members of the owning company and Warwick International Hotels during the opening ceremony. Senior ministers, other government officials and about 250 guests participated in the celebration.
WIH now has four hotels and resorts under operation in the region (two in Jordan and two in Lebanon) and before the end of 2013, another two: the Warwick Hotel Dubai and Warwick Stone 55 Beirut are expected to be in operations, a statement said.
"Warwick International Hotels will continue to expand worldwide and will pay particular attention to the Mena region," said Richard Chiu, president & founder of WIH. "This Grand opening is of an important landmark for the Group.”
Jamal Serhan, chief executive officer for WIH in the Mena region, stated: "The rapid growth of WIH in the Middle East shows the capacity and the willingness of WIH to respond to hotel investors and owners looking for a privately owned and internationally recognised hotel brand to operate their hotels and resorts.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall