Warwick opens new resort in Jordan
Paris, June 16, 2013
Warwick International Hotels, a global hospitality chain, recently opened a new resort in Jordan, the Winter Valley Warwick Resort & Spa, on the shores of Dead Sea.
Jordan’s Princess Basma bint Talal was welcomed by the chairman and other senior members of the owning company and Warwick International Hotels during the opening ceremony. Senior ministers, other government officials and about 250 guests participated in the celebration.
WIH now has four hotels and resorts under operation in the region (two in Jordan and two in Lebanon) and before the end of 2013, another two: the Warwick Hotel Dubai and Warwick Stone 55 Beirut are expected to be in operations, a statement said.
"Warwick International Hotels will continue to expand worldwide and will pay particular attention to the Mena region," said Richard Chiu, president & founder of WIH. "This Grand opening is of an important landmark for the Group.”
Jamal Serhan, chief executive officer for WIH in the Mena region, stated: "The rapid growth of WIH in the Middle East shows the capacity and the willingness of WIH to respond to hotel investors and owners looking for a privately owned and internationally recognised hotel brand to operate their hotels and resorts.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head