Air Arabia to launch Armenia flights
Sharjah, June 10, 2013
Sharjah-based low-cost carrier (LCC) Air Arabia has announced plans to fly twice a week to Armenian city of Yerevan, starting from August 16.
Yerevan is Air Arabia’s fifth new route in 2013 and 86th worldwide from the carriers operating hubs in the UAE, Morocco and Egypt, said a sttaement from the airline.
Around three hours flight time from the UAE, Armenia’s diverse landscape comprises mountains, forests, lakes and waterfalls.
The ancient city of Yerevan is country’s capital and one of the world's oldest continuously-inhabited cities, offering a wide array of museums, parks, restaurants and sightseeing opportunities, it stated.
Flights will depart from Sharjah International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8.30am, arriving at Zvartnots International Airport at 11.15am. On return the flights will depart on the same days, leaving Yerevan at 12.35pm and arriving in Sharjah at 3.40pm (local time).
Commenting on the launch, Group CEO Adel Ali said Armenia is rapidly emerging as a must-visit destination for tourists seeking great culture and history alongside fantastic scenery and outdoor activities.
“Yerevan adds further strength to our already comprehensive network of destinations in Eastern Europe, and continues the rapid route expansion we have enjoyed since the beginning of the year,” he noted.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers