Air Arabia to launch Armenia flights
Sharjah, June 10, 2013
Sharjah-based low-cost carrier (LCC) Air Arabia has announced plans to fly twice a week to Armenian city of Yerevan, starting from August 16.
Yerevan is Air Arabia’s fifth new route in 2013 and 86th worldwide from the carriers operating hubs in the UAE, Morocco and Egypt, said a sttaement from the airline.
Around three hours flight time from the UAE, Armenia’s diverse landscape comprises mountains, forests, lakes and waterfalls.
The ancient city of Yerevan is country’s capital and one of the world's oldest continuously-inhabited cities, offering a wide array of museums, parks, restaurants and sightseeing opportunities, it stated.
Flights will depart from Sharjah International Airport on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8.30am, arriving at Zvartnots International Airport at 11.15am. On return the flights will depart on the same days, leaving Yerevan at 12.35pm and arriving in Sharjah at 3.40pm (local time).
Commenting on the launch, Group CEO Adel Ali said Armenia is rapidly emerging as a must-visit destination for tourists seeking great culture and history alongside fantastic scenery and outdoor activities.
“Yerevan adds further strength to our already comprehensive network of destinations in Eastern Europe, and continues the rapid route expansion we have enjoyed since the beginning of the year,” he noted.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria