Swiss-Belhotel signs flagship Bahrain property
Dubai, May 7, 2013
Swiss-Belhotel International, one of Asia’s leading mid-scale hotel operators, said it has signed a management agreement with Miami Property Company to operate its flagship Bahrain property at the ongoing Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2013 expo in Dubai.
Essa Bokhowa, the chairman of Miami Property Company represented by Fawaz Essa Bokhowa, the managing director, and owners of this new hotel development – and Swiss-Belhotel International’s chairman and president, Gavin Faull, and regional director of Operations & Development for the Middle East, Magdi Samman, were present at the signature ceremony.
"Bahrain is fully committed to expanding its tourism product, and as the 2013 Arab Capital of Tourism we are already seeing new opportunities take shape, buoyed by multi-billion dollar infrastructure development and a growing calendar of world-class, including Formula One, events," said Bokhowa.
"With the arrival of Swiss-Belhotel International, we will set new standards in four-star accommodation and attract a new audience to our shores," he stated.
According to Alpen Capital’s October 2012 GCC Hospitality Industry Report, Bahrain’s hospitality market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.8 per cent by 2016, prompting forecasted tourism arrival CAGR growth of 2.9 per cent by 2022.
“Our partnership with Miami is one of a shared goal to maximise the untapped potential within Bahrain’s mid-level hospitality sector. The Swiss-Belhotel Seef marks our entry into the Kingdom and, with its prime location in the new CBD, sets an example of the country’s bright tourism future,” remarked Faull.
Scheduled to open for business in the first quarter of 2014, the Swiss-Belhotel Seef is situated in the heart of the new business district, close to government ministries and local and multinational company headquarters, as well as the popular Seef Mall.
A 29-storey tower commanding breathtaking sea and city views, the four-star hotel has 149 spacious guestrooms and suites, state-of-the-art facilities and an all-day-dining restaurant occupying a stunning 10th floor poolside terrace, and speciality rooftop restaurant with panoramic views out over the coastline.
It will also offer sophisticated conference facilities, a health and fitness centre including sauna and steam rooms, as well as swimming pool with Jacuzzi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers