Wyndham to launch first hotel in UAE
Dubai, May 6, 2013
Wyndham Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest hotel companies with 7,380 hotels, has announced plans to set up its property in the UAE following the signing of a deal with Sigma III Limited, a subsidiary of British-owned developer The First Group, to manage its impressive 33-storey building in the Dubai Marina.
Currently under development, the Wyndham Dubai Marina is expected to open within the next three years with 497 guest rooms including 251 luxurious suites.
The hotel will also comprise nearly 6,800 sq ft of food and beverage outlets, including all-day-dining and speciality restaurants, as well as a coffee shop, an executive lounge and a bar. Alongside meetings and conference space, the hotel will also offer almost 2,500 sq ft of spa and leisure facilities including a gym and outdoor pool with a pool bar.
“We’re very excited to be bringing our namesake Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand to Dubai, following its successful introduction to the region through the spectacular Wyndham Grand Regency Doha,” said Rui Barros, senior vice president and managing director Europe and MEA, Wyndham Hotel Group.
“I have no doubt that Wyndham Dubai Marina will be another superb addition to the brand, which we are already growing in key cities throughout the Middle East,” he remarked.
In addition to the Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, which opened in 2011, Wyndham Hotel Group has already announced the development of two Wyndham Hotels and Resorts properties in the Middle East.
The Wyndham Grand Manama and Wyndham Grand Riyadh are both anticipated to open by the end of next summer. This will further strengthen the hotel group’s diverse portfolio throughout the Middle East which already consists of more than 30 hotels and over 6,100 rooms ranging from economy right through to upper-upscale, added Barros.
Danny Lubert, co-founder and joint chairman of The First Group said it was proud to be collaborating with such a renowned name in the global hotel industry on one of its most prestigious hotel developments to date. “We are excited to be partnering with Wyndham Hotel Group on the first Wyndham Hotels and Resorts property in the UAE.”
“We are delighted to have Wyndham Hotel Group on board and are certain this partnership will be a huge success,” agreed Gary Shepherd, co-founder and joint chairman of The First Group.
“Wyndham Dubai Marina adds to our dynamic portfolio of hotel projects across the U.A.E. and Africa and we look forward to watching this stunning project take shape,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall