Bahrain airport staff win top honour
Manama, April 15, 2013
Bahrain International Airport (BIA) staff members were voted best at the 2013 Skytrax World Airport Awards in Geneva, Switzerland. They won the Middle East's Best Airport Staff award.
Designed to celebrate and reward excellence in airports world-wide, the award recognises BIA as a world-class airport in the Middle East committed to providing efficient, secure, safe and comfortable travel experiences within friendly surroundings, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Winning this accolade is a testament to the professionalism of BAC's staff and its partners in providing excellence in passenger services," Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) chief executive Mohamed Al Binfalah.
BIA's win reflects the kingdom's efforts to position the airport as a driver of economic development in aviation sector and linking the East and the West while serving as a gateway to the region's key markets.
"The achievement of this significant milestone would not have been possible without the collaborative efforts of our employees and partners," Al Binfalah added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain International Airport |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley