Bahrain Boat Show to draw over 18,000
Manama, March 30, 2013
Thousands yesterday flocked to the Bahrain Boat Show at the Amwaj Marina.
Event organisers are expecting 18,000 visitors, 3,000 more than last year, and 30 per cent of them are expected to be from neighbouring GCC countries, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The Bahrain Boat Show was officially opened on Thursday by Works Minister Essam Khalaf in the presence of officials from organisers Knotika Holdings and guests.
The three-day event, which ends today, is organised in association with Tamkeen and Amwaj Islands and attracts luxury brands from all over the world. The show is open today from 3pm to 10pm.
It features the world's premium marine vessels, products and services as well as activities and entertainment for the whole family. In addition to boats and yachts, the show features outdoor recreational lifestyle products.
There are also live entertainment, games, activities and boat trips to keep the whole family entertained.
There is an helicopter show by the Coastguard while the BDF is displaying water and land rescue demonstrations.
Visitors also get the chance to try their hand at bungee and Kangoo jumping, said the event organisers.
Also during the show, Audi Centre Bahrain is displaying the new Audi S models for the first time in the Kingdom.
The Audi S6, S7 and S8 are the high-performance versions of Audi's top-selling Middle East saloons and are powered by a new engine - a four-litre, twin-turbo V8, which combines ample power with low fuel consumption in keeping with the times. -TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar