Dubai now world's second busiest airport
Dubai, March 28, 2013
Dubai International has been confirmed as the world’s second busiest airport for international passenger traffic, moving ahead of Paris’ Charles de Gaulle airport for the first time.
Since the start of the year Dubai International has moved up two positions in the global rankings and now has London Heathrow’s title as the world’s busiest international airport firmly within its sights, said a statement.
The move up the rankings was confirmed by the latest figures published by Airports Council International, said the statement.
Dubai Airports has maintained its impressive passenger growth in 2013, with passenger traffic at Dubai International rising 13 per cent to 10,640,120 in the first two months of this year, up from 9,413,286 for the same period in 2012.
“It is extremely gratifying to see Dubai International leap up two places in the international passenger rankings in a single year. It is a clear signal that more people are choosing Dubai as their preferred hub not only for its extensive global network but the superb facilities on the ground too,” said Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths.
“Given our surging growth rate and London Heathrow’s capacity constraints we are well placed to overtake them as the world’s busiest airport for international traffic by 2015.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer