GIBTM to feature top education event
Abu Dhabi, January 30, 2013
GIBTM, a leading event for the meetings, incentives and business travel industry, has invited Event Camp Middle East 2013 to deliver an education programme as part of the event.
The new feature area on the show floor will allow visitors and buyers to experience, learn and interact with likeminded professionals.
The Event Camp programme will deliver real life case studies, strategies for leveraging social media, and new technologies designed to inspire meetings industry professionals and provide them with an opportunity to discuss their insight and examples of what is working and ‘what’s coming next’ in the meetings and events industry.
Lois Hall, Reed Travel Exhibitions, GIBTM event director said: “Event Camp 2013 will add value to the technology and events services feature of the show. We are working closely with mobile app provider Show Gizmo to ensure that this highly creative format will attract new industry professionals to the show.”
All GIBTM attendees will have access to the Event Camp, which will take place on each day of the show and will be available online for the rest of the year. Event Camp will also run as a hybrid seminar, making GIBTM education accessible to meetings industry professionals across the globe.
“Our partnership with Show Gizmo to introduce Event Camp Middle East to Abu Dhabi highlights GIBTM’s dedication to driving the events industry forward both regionally and globally through innovation. This brand new co-location feature will add to the education aspect of the event, meeting the desire of MICE professionals to learn about new technologies,” Hall said.
GIBTM Educational Programme is aimed towards senior executives in the meetings and events industry, delivering up to date regional content together with the release of the seventh GIBTM Middle East Meetings Research.
GIBTM 2013 takes place from March 25 to 27 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas