Bahrain hotel occupancy rates up
Manama, January 1, 2013
The restaurants in Bahrain and special parties celebrating the New Year reported an average occupancy rate of 80 per cent compared to 40 per cent to 50 per cent in most hotels, according to the Kingdom’s hoteliers.
Gulf Hotels Group chief executive Aqeel Raees said bookings in most Gulf Hotels restaurants exceeded 80 per cent against 45 per cent in rooms, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The occupancy rate in Golden Tulip was nearly 35 per cent, said hotel general manager Abdulraheem Al Sayed.
Crowne Plaza Hotel deputy general manager Ibrahim Al Kooheji said the hotel registered an occupancy rate of about 45 per cent compared to 55 per cent in K Hotel in Juffair.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement