Dubai promotes DSF in Kuwait
Kuwait, December 6, 2012
The Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe) recently held a press conference in Kuwait to highlight the unique offers at the upcoming Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF).
Organised by Depe, the 18th edition of the DSF, which will take place over 32 days from January 3 to February 3, 2013, under the slogan “Dubai at its best”.
A large number of representatives from the Kuwaiti media and members of Kuwait’s travel and tourism industry attended the press conference.
There has been a noticeable increase in the number of tourists arriving from Kuwait to Dubai. Records show 226,328 Kuwaiti visitors came to Dubai in the first 9 months of 2012 - an increase of 5 per cent compared to the corresponding period in 2011.
Meanwhile, figures released for DSF 2011 show 3.98 million people visited Dubai during the month-long event, spending a total of Dh15.1 billion ($4.11 billion) in 32 days.
Ibrahim Saleh, festivals coordinator general, Depe, said: “The GCC has been and remains a core market for DSF not only due to geographical proximity but also for the fact that we share the same values and cultural backgrounds.”
“The festival’s marketing slogan ‘Dubai at its Best’ signifies the best of everything that the vibrant emirate stands for, especially during DSF, when it offers unparalleled and unforgettable experiences to visitors and residents alike.”
He said after Dubai was crowned for the second consecutive year the “World Festival and Event City” by The International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA), Depe is keener to provide the best services to tourists and visitors.
“Dubai is truly at its best (during DSF) – all family members and visitors will have an opportunity to win prizes, enjoy the shopping promotions and celebrate this huge and unique festival. This joy is truly encapsulated in the slogan ‘Dubai at its best’,” Saleh said.
He also said that DSF 2013 will have a new and gala opening, which will offer a preview about how big and unique the festival is and what it will offer its visitors – from events, activities and promotions to carnivals, fireworks and much more.
The festival will also hold raffle draws for gold as well as luxury cars (Nissan, Infiniti and Ferrari), and will feature unique plays and concerts by top international and Arab artists.
“What is also unique about DSF 2013 is that we will be concentrating on celebrations in the main streets of Dubai such as Al Riqqa, Al Seef, The Walk (JBR), Downtown Dubai, Promenade Festival City and the Heritage and Diving Village among others,” Saleh said.
“There will be something special about all these celebrations to reflect the UAE’s heritage, culture, fashion, music and other aspects of its day-to-day life.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas