DTCM provides a memorial gift to the hotel management
Melia Group opens region's first Spanish hotel
Dubai, November 27, 2012
Meliá Hotels International, Spain’s leading hotel group, has begun its expansion into the region by announcing the opening of its Meliá Hotels & Resorts brand’s first property, Meliá Dubai.
The opening ceremony was attended by Majid AL Marri, director Hotel Classification at the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) and the Spanish ambassador in UAE along with some investors and decision makers in hotel sector.
Al Marri gave a welcome speech and congratulated the hotel operation team for being the first Spanish hotel in business hotel chain in Dubai. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an ideal place for both business and leisure travelers, he said.
He also pointed that Dubai, one of the fastest-growing cities in the world, holds a prime position in the Mena region as a leading tourist destination and a hub for business tourism offering the visitors a host of attractions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office