Air Asia denies India expansion report
Sepang, Malaysia, November 26, 2012
AirAsia has denied any plans to buy a stake in an Indian budget carrier as is being speculated in a section of the media.
AirAsia group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said: “AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India.
"These reports are completely incorrect. AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so,” he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct