Garuda to launch new Abu Dhabi flights
Abu Dhabi, November 10, 2012
Indonesia's national carrier Garuda is set to introduce flights between Abu Dhabi and its hub in Jakarta next month as part of efforts to attract tourism from Bahrain and other GCC countries.
The Garuda Indonesia flights are expected to begin as early as December 2, said Association of the Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies west Java chapter president Maktal Hadiyat.
"The direct flights will increase passenger traffic from Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait," said the official, who is also the managing director of Bandung-based tour operator Batik Holidays.
"We already have similar flights from Jeddah to Jakarta, but the additional flights will increase passenger flow with travellers and tourists from the GCC willing to travel to Indonesia."
Details of the flights to Abu Dhabi were revealed during a meeting in the city of Bandung organised by the Indonesian Embassy in Bahrain and Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry for Bahrain-based journalists.
Meanwhile, a separate event was held for representatives from leading tour operators, who were briefed about the latest strategies to increase tourism.-TradeArabia News service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers