Dubai Mall to set up flight simulator
Dubai, November 5, 2012
The Dubai Mall is set to launch iPilot, a leading affordable flight simulator offering the controls of a Boeing 737-800 airliner, on November 20.
The Boeing can be taken off and landed at any of the 24,000 airports worldwide, all without leaving the mall. The state-of-the-art iPilot simulator is an authentic flying experience and it’s not a video game, and features a fully enclosed realistic cockpit. It is complete with video screens that recreate the spectacular airborne views of real flight paths.
Each and every iPilot session comes complete with a highly qualified professional instructor who will accompany the ‘pilot’ into the cockpit. From Bogota to Brisbane and JFK to Charles de Gaulle, the co-pilot will skillfully guide through the chosen destination.
“Dubai is a great place for us to be bringing our accessible and affordable flight simulator experience, irrespective of the clients’ lifestyle or level of experience,” said Wolfram Schleuter, founder and CEO of iPilot.
“Its location in Dubai Mall will give an extra dose of excitement to the visitors during their routine mall visit to taste the adrenaline of flying a big jet!”
A 15-minute flight experience is priced at Dh299 ($81.38) as against a 60-minute ‘fear of flying’ programme, which costs Dh899, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort