Bahrain traders pledge stable prices
Manama, June 24, 2012
The traders in Bahrain have confirmed continuous arrival of seasonal fruits and vegetables from Turkey, Saudi Arabia and other countries and pledged to maintain price stability in the Kingdom.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro on Saturday inspected Manama Central Market, Ramez Store in Manama, LuLu Hypermarket in Hidd, Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall to review the latest market conditions and the availability of food and consumer goods.
The visits were part of the ministry's efforts to review the latest developments in local markets and vital facilities.
At Manama Central Market, the minister was briefed on the availability of fruits and vegetables. Officials confirmed continuous arrival of seasonal fruits and vegetables from Turkey, Saudi Arabia and other countries and stable prices.
At the meat market, he was assured on the availability of sufficient stock of cattle for Ramadan.
During his tour of Ramez Store, the Minister was briefed on promotional offers and campaigns. Officials confirmed that all Ramez branches will step up campaigns for Ramadan.
At LuLu Hypermarket, officials outlined new promotional offers on many commodities.
The minister also visited Carrefour Hypermarket at the Bahrain City Centre where officials highlighted continuous promotions, pointing to the increase in the number of shoppers during weekends and evenings at shops, cinemas and restaurants.
At Seef Mall, officials assured him of the growing number of visitors in addition to sales and discounts which encouraged more shoppers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to boost services at Abu Dhabi airport
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers