Four Seasons plans resort on Dubai’s Jumeirah
Dubai, June 20, 2012
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, in collaboration with UAE-based holding company Bright Start, has announced plans for a resort property in the heart of Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach.
Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach is the most highly anticipated addition to Dubai’s luxury hotel scene. Bright Start is developing the new resort property and has appointed H&H Investment and Development as the development manager.
The property will be situated on a 11-acre (4.45 hectare) natural waterfront site along the Arabian Gulf. Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach has been designed by world renowned architect WATG, with interior design by San Francisco based BAMO.
The resort – which is expected to open by mid 2014 – will welcome individual leisure and business guests as well as meetings and incentives groups, capitalizing on its prime location in one of the city’s most elite residential districts and located just two kilometres from Dubai’s central commercial district and key tourism landmarks along Sheikh Zayed Road.
“Being the Middle East’s biggest tourism hub with a highly mature hospitality industry, it was important for us to be in Dubai with a strong product that can serve as one of the company flagships in this region,” said Kathleen Taylor, president and CEO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
“As with all markets across the globe in which Four Seasons operates, it was important for us to take the time to find our niche here as well as identify a partner that first and foremost shares our service and business values.
“We are confident that we not only have an unparalleled location, but also an excellent development partner – two key factors that will allow us to offer what guests travelling to Dubai on business or pleasure desire and have come to expect from Four Seasons,” she added.
Talha Al Hashimi, CEO of Bright Start stated: “We believe our investment in the hospitality sector will further open up opportunities for continued growth and contribute to Dubai’s status as a major luxury tourist destination.”
“Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has set the benchmark in luxury hospitality over the past 50 years and we are proud to introduce the brand to the Dubai market.
“With a key strategic location on Jumeirah’s beachfront and a renowned brand name that is synonymous with luxurious travel, we are confident its presence will be a successful addition to the luxury hospitality sector in Dubai, which is one of the world’s top destinations, with 8.8 million visitors expected in 2012,” he added.
Shahab Lutfi, CEO of H&H Investment and Development, said: “Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach is a prestigious project and we are delighted to have been appointed by Bright Start to bring to life this Four Seasons resort.”
He added: “We have selected some of the world’s leading consultants and contractors to ensure that Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach delivers an unprecedented sense of luxury to Dubai. From the architectural beauty of the exterior and innovative interior design to the practical aspects such as its location and amenities, the Resort is set to raise the bar for luxury resorts in the region even higher.”
Located at the northern end of Jumeirah Beach Road, away from the city’s other resorts clustered in the Palm Jumeirah area, guests at Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach will enjoy exclusive access to 270 metres (886 metres) of beach fronting the warm blue waters of the Arabian Gulf. Easy access to Dubai’s airports and an excellent public transport system will ensure guests enjoy seamless connectivity to the entire city.
With 237 rooms, including 49 suites, the resort will target an almost equal mix of leisure and business guests, with a distinct leaning towards a residential style product while offering business guests personalized support and service.
The resort will be home to at least three restaurants, and poolside dining. The function spaces which have beachfront access will include a 600 sq m (6,458 sq ft) ballroom and five meeting rooms. In keeping with its resort positioning, the property will also be home to a world class spa, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts and private beach club.
Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach will be the global hospitality company’s latest addition to a development pipeline in the GCC, which includes Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi Sowwah, Four Seasons Resort Oman, Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay, Four Seasons Hotel Doha at The Pearl and Four Seasons Hotel Jeddah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June