DTCM road shows promote Dubai in Japan
Dubai, June 11, 2012
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) intensified its drive to promote and market Dubai as a year-round tourism destination in Japan by conducting road shows in three large cities recently.
More than 300 tourism and travel trade professionals in addition to Japanese media representatives attended the workshop-format road shows in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya.
Mohamed Al Muhairi, head of Australiasia Region at DTCM’s Overseas Promotions and Inward Missions Department, led the Dubai delegation for the tourism promotion event.
The road show was co-sponsored by Emirates Airline and Jumeirah Group.
The other co-participants were Arabian Adventures, Armani Hotel Dubai, Bin Majid Tours, Cox & Kings Tours, Orient Tours, Ritz-Carlton DIFC, Sharaf Tours, Travco Travel, Wings Tours Gulf and Kerzer International Management.
DTCM operates a representative office in Japan and has been actively promoting Dubai as a tourism destination among the Japanese tourists. More than 350,000 Japanese tourists were hosted by Dubai during 2007-2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall