St Regis opens first ME Remède Spa
Doha, June 6, 2012
The St Regis Doha recently opened the first Remède Spa in the Middle East, complete with an Olympic-size swimming pool, luxurious pool cabanas and a private breachfront.
In celebration of the launch, Remède Spa will feature special offers throughout summer, a statement from the hotel said.
Typically set in the glamorous locations across the world like Aspen, New York and Bali, Remède Spas are exclusive to St Regis Hotels & Resorts and have developed a global reputation for exceptional customisation, providing the ultimate indulgence within tranquil surroundings.
Spread across 1,400 sq m, the spa features 22 treatment rooms, pre- and post-treatment lounges, as well as male and female relaxation pools and steam rooms, making it one of the largest spas in Doha.
“The opening of our Remède Spa is an important milestone for the hotel,” said Tareq Derbas, general manager at The St Regis Doha. “We aim to offer guests an unprecedented level of bespoke experiences in everything we do at The St Regis Doha, and our Remède Spa treatments are no exception. It is the first time the customised treatments are brought to the Middle East, and the response we received so far from both Doha residents and hotel guests is very promising.”
Recently appointed director of the spa, Saroj Narang, aims to establish the spa as the finest in Qatar. Narang brings with her over 11 years of experience in international destination luxury spas, having worked in the Caribbean, London, the Maldives, India and other parts of Asia.
She has been trained in some of the world’s most luxurious treatments at the Chivasom International Spa Academy in Thailand, and Cibtac in the UK.
The spa offers a range of customised experiences, from massages and body wraps to beauty treatments and spa packages. For guests who desire local-inspired experiences, each Remède Spa offers an exclusive selection of treatments inspired by its region’s characteristics and traditions.
Guests can indulge in unique pearl experiences such as a cooling pearl facial, powered by pure pearl extracts, white lotus stem cells and oxygen.
As signature touches, all Remède Spa experiences include pre-treatment consultation to assess guests’ needs, as well as post treatment relaxation time accompanied by a selection of healthy infused waters, dried fruits and chocolate truffles.
All facials and massages are also complemented with a soothing feet and hands paraffin treatment.
In celebration of the opening, guests that book a 60-minute customised massage before 31 August, will receive an additional 30 minutes for free. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home