Samsonite unveils ‘augmented reality’ concept
Dubai, May 15, 2012
Leading travel solutions company, Samsonite Goup, has implemented the revolutionary augmented reality interactive display concept, in select Samsonite classic stores in the Middle East.
The concept has been introduced at the Samsonite showroom at Dubai Mall, a statement from the company said.
Augmented reality is a concept involving computer-generated imagery in live video streams where a person interacts with the objects on screen, giving the perception of being part of that reality.
The introduction of concept further reinforces Samsonite Middle East’s commitment to innovation, not only in world-class products and services, but also in the way they communicate and display the products at their stores in the region, the statement said.
The new concept involves an interactive TV on the store window, where customers watching the video imagery will feel transposed and step in to appear in the video, interacting and becoming a part of the reality.
The company announced that the concept will soon be introduced at other selected stores across the UAE and Middle East.
Subrata Dutta, managing director, South Asia and Middle East, Samsonite, said: “By bringing in the concept of augmented reality into the region – the first time such an interactive display has been introduced in our category across the region, our aim is to give an exciting and innovative new avenue for our customers to feel the Samsonite experience with us.”
“This is a compelling initiative to engage with our customers and make it an interactive fun exercise. We will look at introducing the same at our other stores across the Middle East very soon.”
“The concept is integral to our overarching campaign to strengthen our brand visibility and commitment to innovation across the region and beyond,” Dutta concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips