Gulf travellers to Britain can shop online
Dubai, April 16, 2012
Gulf-based travellers to Britain now have access to an official online resource allowing them to shop for and purchase tourist authority-recommended accommodation, transport, and feature attraction ticketing, according to VisitBritain officials based in Dubai.
This will bring further ease for Gulf travellers to the UK, a statement said.
Carol Maddison, manager, UAE, VisitBritain, said: “By first visiting VisitBritain’s online shop, Gulf visitors can get the most out of their holiday in the UK. They will save time and money by purchasing travel cards, tickets, maps and other things before they travel. In our online shop, they can buy everything they need.”
“Thus far, our feedback from Gulf travellers is that they really like the ease and convenience of our ‘buy before you fly’ approach to tourism,” added Maddison.
Of more than 150 products are available for purchase, the most popular remain UK rail tickets including Heathrow Express, London sightseeing tours, and tickets for the London Eye. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments