Cruise ship delays Bahrain visit
Manama, February 7, 2012
Luxury cruise liner Aida Blu will not dock in Bahrain tomorrow (February 8), sources said, adding the German based company had chosen to stay away “at least for this week”, as a result of continuing street violence.
A decision about whether the vessel’s weekly visit would resume on February 15 would be taken soon.
Tourism assistant under-secretary Nada Ahmed Yaseen would neither confirm nor deny the report last night, said a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief