App to help passengers around Dubai airport
Dubai, January 2, 2012
A new mobile application for Apple and Android devices, called myDXB, which provides information on flights and gate numbers of Dubai Airports will make navigation of one of the world’s largest airports easier.
The application also helps in way-finding to locate customer-facing services across the three terminals of Dubai International Airport.
“The idea behind creating myDXB was to simply communicate the availability and location of commercial services to millions of passengers that pass through our terminals each month. The application is also a great way to plan ahead, enabling passengers to maximise their time with us, and direct them towards services from currency exchange to their favourite retail or food brands,” said Eugene Barry, senior vice president of commercial unit at Dubai Airports.
“We understand the connection between way-finding and customer experience, and this application is the first step in offering our customers tools to plan their time at Dubai International, and to ultimately influence behaviour and spend,” Barry said.
Built with a simple interface, myDXB can be downloaded on iPhones and iPads as well as on the wide range of Android phones and tablets in seconds.
While Dubai International offers free Wi-Fi internet connectivity throughout the airport, the directory element of the application has been designed to operate offline so that more customers can access and benefit from it. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Hilton opens first Makkah hotel tower
- Movenpick offers limousines with wifi