Qatar Duty Free, airport win key awards
Doha, November 19, 2007
Qatar Duty Free and Doha International Airport have been named the Best Duty Free operator and the Best Passenger Handling Airport in the Middle East at the inaugural Aviation Business Awards.
The awards, presented on the sidelines of the Dubai Air Show, acknowledged the performance of different travel industry sectors during the year.
Qatar Duty Free deputy general manager Krishna Kumari collected the best duty free operator award, while Doha International Airport’s head of commercial Ahmed Al Mahmoud picked up the accolade on behalf of the airport.
Both Qatar Duty Free and Doha International Airport are operated and managed by Qatar Airways, whose chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker praised the two organisations for their sterling efforts.
“It is indeed a great honour to have such prestigious awards bestowed on Qatar Duty Free and Doha International Airport, which have been determined to be the best of the best in their respective areas of operation,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort