Qatar Duty Free, airport win key awards
Doha, November 19, 2007
Qatar Duty Free and Doha International Airport have been named the Best Duty Free operator and the Best Passenger Handling Airport in the Middle East at the inaugural Aviation Business Awards.
The awards, presented on the sidelines of the Dubai Air Show, acknowledged the performance of different travel industry sectors during the year.
Qatar Duty Free deputy general manager Krishna Kumari collected the best duty free operator award, while Doha International Airport’s head of commercial Ahmed Al Mahmoud picked up the accolade on behalf of the airport.
Both Qatar Duty Free and Doha International Airport are operated and managed by Qatar Airways, whose chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker praised the two organisations for their sterling efforts.
“It is indeed a great honour to have such prestigious awards bestowed on Qatar Duty Free and Doha International Airport, which have been determined to be the best of the best in their respective areas of operation,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced