Damas aims to become a global brand
Dubai, November 17, 2013
Damas, a leading jewellery and watch retailer in the Middle East, has announced a new vision to propel the company into a leading international jewellery brand.
For the past two years, Damas leadership closely reviewed the company’s commercial, retail and operational strategies in collaboration with major international consulting firms. To drive sustainable business development, a new strategy has been implemented to advance the Damas name and image from a famous brand in Dubai to a famous international jewellery brand from Dubai, said the company.
“Similar to Dubai, Damas foresees no limits to advancing its position as a leader in the high-end luxury market. Under this new vision we are furthering our brand name and image and are proud to be recognised as one of the most dynamic and prestigious international trademarks in the jewellery industry,” said Anan Fakhreddin, chief executive officer of Damas.
“With our rich heritage in jewellery stretching over 100 years, our clients will continue to enjoy the same high quality products and staff dedication.”
To celebrate this announcement, a black tie event was held at the One&Only Royal Mirage that gathered senior Damas representatives, key customers and select members of the media. The Damas ‘glamour and mystery’ advertising campaign was also unveiled to reveal its new corporate identity.
Under this new direction, the Damas brand will continue to evolve and has plans to launch even more gold and diamond products with innovative designs to the global jewellery market. The company will also introduce carefully selected international brands to advance Damas’ position as an industry leader.
Part of the company’s agenda is to remodel its outlets by moving towards a two-store format retail strategy. This will enhance the Damas shopping experience and cater to ever changing customer interests. The Damas retail outlets will offer some of the most prestigious international brands globally, while the ‘Damas Collections’ retail outlets will showcase a variety of innovative in-house styles. Both store formats will offer gold jewellery, diamonds and pearls in an array of high-end designs, in line with the company’s new vision.
The company will also introduce a sophisticated customer relationship management system to strengthen its current rapport with clients. Additionally, the new vision of the brand has been supported by the launch of a revamped website. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet