28 shopping malls vie for top awards
Dubai, November 3, 2013
As many as 28 prominent shopping malls and companies in the region have been named as finalists in the 2013 Middle East and North Africa Shopping Centre Awards competition.
The awards programme celebrates the achievements of shopping centre owners, developers, management companies, architects, designers and retailers in the categories of design, development and successful shopping centre operation throughout the Mena region.
It is jointly sponsored by the Middle East Council of Shopping Centres (MECSC) and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Finalists include malls from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Bahrain.
The categories include cause related marketing, marketing/sponsorship, public relations, sales promotion and events, social media, leasing, new retail concept, retail store design, overall marketing, and renovation and expansion.
“The Middle East and North Africa is home to some of the largest and most advanced enclosed malls and shopping centres in the world and this year numerous submissions from the region for our awards competition,” said JoAnn Laut, director of global awards, ICSC.
“Our panel of industry judges has narrowed the field down to 28 finalists and on November 25, 2103 at a Gala Dinner at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, we will announce our winners,” she said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept