Panasonic launches 20-inch tablet at Gitex
Dubai, October 20, 2013
Panasonic, a leading consumer electronics and home appliances manufacturer, has unveiled the first 20-inch tablet with a 4K resolution display for the Middle East and Africa markets at Gitex 2013, which began today (October 20).
The Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 is the flagship product in Panasonic’s new ultra-high definition Toughpad range, said a statement.
It offers a new digital viewing experience called 4K, which is more than four times better than HD at 3840 x 2560 pixels. The tablet is a business rugged, portable tablet with collaborative working, touchscreen capabilities and an electronic touch pen for pin-point accuracy and annotation, it said.
The touch pen uses infrared signals to distinctly read every single pixel on the screen and communicates it with the tablet via bluetooth, making it stand apart from commonly found capacitive digitisers.
With its 15:10 aspect ratio, the tablet is the lightest and thinnest portable 20-inch screen tablet, weighing in at 2.35kg and 12.5mm thickness. It is powered by an Intel CoreTM i5 vProTM CPU, up to 8GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce graphics.
The Toughpad comes pre-installed with Windows 8.1 Pro, allowing enterprises to use all their existing applications and office products and enabling IT departments to migrate with ease.
Combined with accessories such as the Panasonic desktop cradle and carry solution, the device can also be used as both a desktop PC and tablet, reducing the need for designers and engineers to use multiple devices.
It also offers necessary interfaces including a USB 3.0 port, SD card slot, headphone jack and optional smart card reader. The cradle also offers Ethernet and HDMI connectivity and features a 1280 x 720 pixel built-in front camera. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal