Canon develops 35mm cinema prime lens
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Canon has announced it is developing a new 35mm cinema prime lens for large-format single-sensor digital cameras.
Compatible with a wide range of sensor sizes including super 35mm, full-frame 35mm and APS-C, the new EF-mount 35mm lens in development would become the sixth prime lens in Canon’s EF Cinema lens line-up, fulfilling the requirement for an option between the existing 24mm and 50mm lenses.
Delivering high optical performance in a variety of focal lengths to suit a broad range of creative shooting preferences, the precision-matched Canon Cinema prime lenses are part of the Cinema EOS System of professional digital cinematography products.
Launched in late 2011, the Cinema EOS System offers a unique range of high performance, large sensor cameras and 4K cinema lenses, providing exceptional quality and creative freedom to professionals of all kinds.
“Canon is committed to developing class-leading tools to support visual story-telling at all levels,” said Hendrik Verbrugghe, marketing director, Canon Middle East.
“In the past 18 months alone, we’ve launched Cinema EOS and expanded the system to include HD, 2K, and 4K cameras, and a range of different lenses. We continually strive to offer our customers more creative options providing them with greater flexibility that will further support the delivery of exceptional imaging content. The new 35mm lens currently in development is a great example of this.”
All Canon EF Cinema lenses integrate advanced materials and coatings to meet high optical performance levels, including 4K (4096 x 2160) production standards, Verbrugghe added.
Each Canon Cinema prime lens is equipped with an 11-blade aperture diaphragm, which is ideally suited to achieve creative depth-of-field manipulation and pleasing “bokeh” effects. All feature a full-frame image circle in a lightweight, compact design, delivering colour tone and balance that matches Canon’s advanced Cinema zoom lenses. Canon Cinema prime lenses deliver the operation and reliability required in professional film-style shooting environments.
Canon Cinema prime lens are fully compatible with all cameras in the Cinema EOS System, and, thanks to their full frame imaging circle, can also be used with Canon’s DSLR cameras such as EOS 7D and EOS 5D Mark III, Verbrugghe explained.
The EF-mount design of Canon’s Cinema prime lenses supports communication between camera and lens, enabling features such as display of the f-number in the viewfinder, recording of lens metadata, and Peripheral Illumination Correction. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait