Dubai group ropes in Morgan Stanley chief
Dubai, July 9, 2013
Mara Group, a pan-African multi sector conglomerate with headquarters in Dubai, has named Bradford M Gibbs, the managing director of Morgan Stanley, as its third managing partner.
Mara Group is a young and dynamic diversified group of companies, possessing in-depth knowledge and unrivalled expertise in Africa, said a statement from the company.
Founded by Ashish J. Thakkar almost two decades ago, the group started out as a small family business but has, since then, evolved into an international multi-sector business with operations in 26 countries, spanning four continents.
Mara's current businesses operate in a broad range of sectors including information technology (IT) services, business process outsourcing (BPO), a multi-faceted mobile-enabled online platform, agriculture, real estate, hospitality, packaging and asset management, it added.
Alongside Prashant H. Manek and Ashish J. Thakkar, Gibbs will share the responsibility for the operations, administration and strategy of Mara Group.
Brad worked for thirteen years at Morgan Stanley, executing mergers, acquisitions and capital markets transactions across a broad array of industries.
He was based, at various junctures, in the New York, London, Frankfurt and Johannesburg offices. During his tenure at Morgan Stanley, Brad also served as the head of South Africa Investment Banking and head of EMEA Chemicals, Building Materials and Paper & Packaging.
Welcoming Gibbs, Thakkar said: "We are delighted to bring on board someone of Brad's calibre and experience as our third managing partner. At Mara, we are continuously looking to further strengthen our management team to help lead the future growth and development of the group."
In addition to its core team and as part the Mara network, the group benefits from the advice and insight of Michael Buchen and David Burlison, the managing directors of Dhabi Holdings, as well as of Marwan Abedin; a seasoned finance and investment specialist with over 15 years of experience, said the statement.
Marwan also serves as the CEO of Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) and the Dubai Financial Support Fund (DFSF), it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices