Jarir Marketing Q2 profit jumps 17.9pc
Riyadh, July 7, 2013
Saudi Arabian retailer Jarir Marketing said on Sunday its second-quarter net profit climbed 17.9 percent on the back of increased sales, with smart phones the primary driver.
The retailer said its net profit was 126.2 million riyals ($33.7 million) for the three months to June 30, up from 107 million riyals in the corresponding period of 2012, a statement to Saudi bourse showed.
However, the results slightly missed the average forecast of analysts polled by Reuters, which expected a net profit of 128.9 million riyals.
Jarir's total turnover in the second quarter was 1.26 billion riyals, up 18.1 percent on the same three months last year.
Net profit for the first six months of 2013 was 307.1 million riyals, up 13.2 percent year-on-year, the statement said. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off