Huawei makes Oman retail debut
Muscat, June 24, 2013
Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, has announced a new partnership with ABT, a distribution company in Oman.
The deal will see Huawei’s full range of consumer handset devices now available to the public for the first time in the open market in Oman, said a statement.
While Huawei’s global range of consumer electronics -- which includes smartphones, tablets, and mobile Wi-Fi devices -- had been available previously through telecom operators, the partnership with ABT will see Huawei aim to gain a larger market share in the Sultanate by offering its products directly and indirectly to consumers, it said.
“Although a young brand, Huawei’s consumer device portfolio has grown rapidly over the past several years in the Middle East,” said Ashraf Fawakherji, vice president of Huawei Device Middle East.
As part of Huawei’s push into the Oman retail sector, the company also confirmed the local availability of its latest premium smartphone devices the Ascend P2, the world’s fastest 4G LTE smartphone, and the Ascend Mate, the world’s largest smartphone with a 6.1” screen. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November
- New shopping mall opens in Bahrain
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman