Spinneys inks Jordan e-payment deal
Amman, April 20, 2013
Middle East Payment Services (MEPS), the region’s leading payment services company licensed by MasterCard Worldwide, has signed a merchant agreement with Spinneys, a premier retail chain in the region.
The agreement will enable Spinneys-Jordan - which owns two branches across the Kingdom, one in TAJ Lifestyle and one in Shmeisani - to offer secure, simple and convenient electronic payment services to its customers, a statement from the company said.
MEPS will provide Spinneys-Jordan with electronic payment device installation, round-the-clock technical support, full staff training, card authorisation and ongoing monitoring security services. It will also manage the reconciliation, settlement and clearing of all credit and debit card transactions.
“At MEPS, we aim to facilitate our acquired merchants’ transactions through supplying an integrated, multi-card point-of-sale device that ensures unparalleled security for customers. It is our goal at MEPS to enable companies and outlets across different industries to provide their respective customers with top-notch, efficient and convenient payment services that are on par with international security standards,” said Abdallah Qtaishat, MEPS deputy CEO, commercial.
“Providing customers with a premium shopping experience is a top priority at Spinneys-Jordan,” Mohammad Ahmad, general manager of Spinneys-Jordan, said. “By virtue of our partnership with MEPS, customers will be able to enjoy stress-free shopping at our location using their MasterCard and Maestro cards.”
MEPS is a leading MasterCard-licensed acquirer, issuer and processor operating in both Jordan and the Middle East. It intends to develop a highly varied lineup of services that meets the growing demand for streamlined payment solutions throughout the region.
Spinneys is one of the fastest growing retail chains in the Middle East. Since its establishment in Alexandria in 1924, the company gradually expanded its regional network to become one of the leading and most innovative hypermarket chains in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices